List of Charities that Take Pianos
Consignment Piano Sales
We realize selling a piano on your own can be a daunting task. Potential buyers may have questions about the piano that you cannot answer, may want you to deliver or help with moving, may want to come see the piano at a time that isn't convenient for you, etc. This is where Dan the Piano Man can help. We take pianos from private party sellers and sell them on consignment. Our commission is 30% of the sale price.
How Consignment works here:
- Email pictures of the outside and the inside of the piano, so we can tell you if we are interested in pursuing. We need to see:
- Bass Strings (Left hand side, copper color)
- Tuning Pins
- Outside Cabinet
- Please include the serial number & brand in the body of the email.
- Set up an appointment for our technician to see the piano; the cost is $75. In order for us to tell if there are any major repairs it is necessary to see the piano in person. During this appointment, you and the technician will discuss what work, if necessary, that needs to be done. Minimum Work:
- Blow-Out (we take the action out and get all those dust bunnies out)
- In-Shop Tuning
- Touch up the outside cabinet
- Sign consignment contract & move it to our shop so we can get started on the work. The move and repairs (as discussed and agreed upon) are to be paid for upfront by the consignor. Moving costs vary. Please call or email for an estimate. Information needed for estimating a piano move:
- Address of piano
- Number of stairs involved?
- Any overhangs, sharp corners or turns?
- Piano is priced and ready to sell!!
Call or come by for more details.